Annie Hall's Butter Cookies.
You can have Annie Hall's Butter Cookies using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Annie Hall's Butter Cookies
- Prepare 2 cups of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of white flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Annie Hall's Butter Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until the mixture is all the same consistency. Add the vanilla and one egg yolk at a time until all combined..
- Sift flour and salt together, and beat into butter/sugar mixture until well-mixed. Divide dough in to two discs with wax or parchment paper in between.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Roll out cookies to roughly 1/4 inch and cut with cookie cutters.
- Place cut-out cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10-12 minutes – but DO NOT brown.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on a baking rack. Decorate with cream cheese frosting!.