30 MINUTE SHEPHERD'S. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. The ultimate in comfort food, this Shepherd's Pie is also a hit with kids. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl.
Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Be the first to rate & review! Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. You can cook 30 MINUTE SHEPHERD'S using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 30 MINUTE SHEPHERD'S
- You need of BEEF MIXTURE.
- Prepare 2 lb of GROUND BEFF.
- You need 1 of ONION CHOPPED.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of OLIVE OIL.
- It’s 1 of CARROT.
- Prepare of MASHED POTATOES.
- Prepare 2 lb of POTATOES MASHED.
- You need of GRAVY MIXTURE.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of FLOUR.
- You need 1 cup of BEEF STOCK.
- It’s 2 tsp of WORCETERSHIRE.
- It’s 1/2 cup of FROZEN PEAS.
Combine sour cream, egg yolk, and chicken or vegetable broth. We call it Shepherd's Pie but I know many call it cottage pie. It's one of the staple dishes in our home that my mom would make all the time when I was a kid. Update: This post was updated in.
30 MINUTE SHEPHERD'S step by step
- BOIL POTATOES AND MASH THEM.
- ADD OIL TO HOT PAN WITH BEEF. SEASON MEAT WITH SALT AND PEPPER. BROWN AND CRUMBLE MEAT FOR 3 TO 4 MINUTES. ADD CHOPPED CARROT AND ONION TO MEAT. COOK VEGGIES WITH MEAT 5 MINUTES, STIRRING FREQUENTLY..
- IN SMALL SKILLET OVER MED HEAT COOK BUTTER AND FLOUR TOGETHER 2 MINUTES. WHISK IN BROTH AND WORC SAUCE. THICKEN GRAVY 1 MINUTE. ADD GRAVY TO MEAT AND VEGGIES. STIR IN PEAS.
- PREHEAT BROILER TO HIGH. FILL A SMALL RECTANGULAR CASSEROLE WITH MEAT AND VEGGIES MIXTURE. SPOON POTATOES OVER MEAT EVENLY..
Be the first to write a review. My husband is a Midwestern meat-and-potatoes-loving man, so when it's comfort food season, you better believe shepherd's pie is on my must-cook. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Add the potatoes and cauliflower to a food processor along with salt, and process until light and fluffy. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce.