Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice. Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls are so incredibly easy to make and will become a family favorite! This makes the perfect weeknight meal. Such a simple meal with all the flavor!
Made with ground beef and a simple four-ingredient sauce, it delivers the sweet and savory flavors we love in half the cost and half the time. The traditional approach to making the Cantonese ground beef rice bowl is to marinate the beef in the sauce and cornstarch, then cook it in a wok. The marinating process is intended to eliminate the gamey taste of the beef, impart some flavor, and tenderize. You can have Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice
- Prepare 1 inch of long piece fresh ginger finely grated.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of celery stock finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small carrot finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 of large sweet onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid aminos.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chinese style bbq sauce (see my recipe).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- Prepare 1 tsp of stir fry sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of stir fry sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 of ground turmeric.
Season the beef all over with the Chinese five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Looking for recipes for ground beef sloppy joes? This Korean Inspired Beef and Rice is super easy to make, comes together in no time at all and is a perfect addition to your weeknight menu! #recipes #koreanfood #cooking #koreanbeef Instagram. There is one thing that I can count on all of my kids to eat and it is this recipe for Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls.
Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice instructions
- In a large skillet on medium low heat without oil lightly toast the sesame seeds then set aside..
- In large skillet add the oil, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, turmeric, vinegar and liquid aminos..
- Once the veggies are soft add the ground beef. Cook until done and browned a bit..
- Add all the sauce ingredients and simmer until thickened..
- Add rice ingredients to rice cooker and follow directions for your model..
- Once rice is done and sitting on the warm setting add any vegetables you would want like broccoli, bamboo shoots or whatever you have on hand..
- Spoon some rice into a bowl cover with the beef and top with the toasted sesame and any other garnish of your choice like scallions or shredded cabbage and carrots..
In fact, my cute ten year old makes it for the family each week. I decided to switch it up a little when we made it this week and turn it into a stir fry! Ground beef recipe are a go to for us during the week and aside from the popular Korean Ground Beef we're a big fan of Mongolian Beef, our favorite takeout copycat food. Inspired by the flavors of Chinese barbecue bao buns, each biscuit bundle in this tasty appetizer recipe is stuffed with ground beef that's cooked in a mouthwatering barbecue-hoisin sauce. Paired with water chestnuts and fresh ingredients like cilantro and green onions, this party starter has such great flavor, it may steal the spotlight.