Thai Rice Noodles Soup. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – A fragrant, warming Thai chicken soup made with rice noodles, coconut milk, and rotisserie chicken. Made with a rotisserie chicken and pantry staples, this Thai-style chicken soup with rice noodles is almost instant gratification. I promise it will leave you.
This so-soothing Thai version of a universal classic features rice noodles instead of wheat, with fragrant lemongrass and other fresh herbs adding lovely aromatic notes. It makes a wonderful dinner soup, and if you happen to have leftover roast chicken or turkey, you can throw in the leftovers. Instead of regular flat rice noodles, I bought a packet of Bee Thai Bak (米苔目), which is pretty much rice noodle but shaped differently. You can cook Thai Rice Noodles Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Rice Noodles Soup
- You need 150 gr of thin rice noodles.
- You need 500 gr of chicken meat.
- You need 2 liters of water (for boiling the chicken).
- It’s 2 liters of chicken stock.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 inch of ginger, pounded.
- You need 6 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need to taste of salt (if necessary) and white pepper powder.
- It’s 200 gr of cherry tomatoes, divided by two.
- It’s of cilantro leaves to taste.
- It’s to taste of sliced green chili.
- It’s to taste of fresh lime juice.
Back home in Penang, a simple rice noodle soup can be served in a few variations, using different types of noodles and toppings. Well, we finally got a small tiny taste of the fall. Instant rice noodles and an authentic Thai soup base are combined to create a delicious quick snack or meal. Upgrade the average chicken noodle soup recipe with this Thai-inspired rice noodle soup featuring fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, and shredded chicken.
Thai Rice Noodles Soup instructions
- Boil the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Set aside..
- Boil the chicken until it’s cooked. Remove from the heat. Cut into small pieces..
- Heat the chicken stock in a pot. Add garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt (optional), and white pepper powder..
- Place rice noodles and chicken in a bowl. Add some chicken stock. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, cilantro leaves, and some slices of green chili (optional) then add some fresh lime juice..
- Serve warm! 😋.
This tasty broth made from chicken stock, water, and fish sauce is just the beginning – with hearty mushrooms, juicy carrots and a dash of lime. A steaming bowl of Thai Chicken Noodle Soup infused with lemongrass and ginger. A healthy, low fat, gluten-free meal, full of amazing Thai flavors! Fresh herbs- Thai basil, cilantro, chives, and mint! Seasonal and unusual vegetables, fruit, and chilies.