Bolinho de Bacalhau (Salted Cod Croquettes) egg&dairy free.
You can cook Bolinho de Bacalhau (Salted Cod Croquettes) egg&dairy free using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bolinho de Bacalhau (Salted Cod Croquettes) egg&dairy free
- It’s 550 g of – Salted Codfish.
- Prepare 3 of – Medium Brushed Potatos.
- Prepare 1 of – Lemon.
- You need 3 of – Medium Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 3 TSP of – Tapioca Powder.
- Prepare 1 L of – Soy Milk.
- It’s 1 L of – Water.
- You need of Big handful of Parsley.
- It’s of Cracked Pepper & Salt.
- It’s of Vegetable/Canola Oil.
Bolinho de Bacalhau (Salted Cod Croquettes) egg&dairy free step by step
- Rinse the salt off the Salted Codfish, submerge Cod in a bowel filled with cold water and cover with cling wrap for 24 HOURS, refrigerated, changing the water every 6 hours..
- Drain soaked Cod. Add the Soy Milk, Water & Cod to a large pot, (make sure Cod is completely submerged, add extra water if you need) bring to the boil then turn down heat and simmer for 30 min..
- Peel Potatoes, boil til extremely tender, drain, mash Potatoes (leave no lumps), set aside to cool down to room temperature..
- Roast Garlic skin on, cool down, remove skin off the Garlic then squash the Garlic to a paste using the flat side of your knife, (You can use a spoon instead) add into a large mixing bowl..
- Finely chop Parsley & add to the mixing bowl..
- Add a generous amount of cracked Pepper to mixing bowl. (As the Cod is rather salty don't add the Salt until you taste it).
- Drain and rinse the Cod in cold water until the Cod is cool at the touch, drain and add to a paper towel and pat down dry. Remove scales and bones. Using a fork squash the Cod on a chopping board until it looks like fairy floss and then add to the mixing bowl..
- Mash Potatoes add to mixing bowl..
- Add the Tapioca Powder to the mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon mix all ingredients in the bowl until WELL combined. TASTE the mixture and add SALT if need be..
- Add oil to a pan about half way and turn heat to HIGH. With two spoons shape the Cod mixture into EGG like shapes, add to the pan of oil and shallow fry turning them over and cooking until they turn a lovely golden colour. Transfer Croquettes to a paper towel to drain excess oil..
- Slice lemons. Add the drained Croquettes to a serving bowl and serve immediately with sliced lemons..
- EXTRA HINTS: Add Onions; Saute onions and add to mixture! The Soy Milk (Traditionally Milk is used, I don't consume dairy but please use Milk if you would like) helps to tender the Cod fish. This recipe traditionally uses 3 eggs, (I don't eat egg hence the "Tapioca Powder" it acts as a binder), but feel free to use egg if you would like! This make a great snack at any time of the day as they are absolutely and extremely MORISH!!!.