Fajita Taco Hybrid. Great recipe for Bottom Round Steak. A cheaper cut of beef made delicious and tender. Great recipe for Dried Basil Pesto.
Well I did not have fresh basil so I used dried. So ground beef is a little less expensive. I had some Fajita chicken so I improvised and this recipe is what I came up with. You can cook Fajita Taco Hybrid using 32 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fajita Taco Hybrid
- It’s of Beef.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare of Refried beans.
- Prepare 15 ounces of refried beans, pinto.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need of Condiments.
- Prepare As needed of black ripened olives sliced.
- You need 1 of large avocado the green one not haas.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- You need To taste of sour cream.
- You need 3 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 10 slices of flour Tortillas 5 inch ones.
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of shredded Colby Monterey jack cheese.
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 pound of grilled fajita chicken.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need of Peppers and onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium sized green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
I wanted tacos and fajitas so I kinda came up with the best of both sides, the Fajita taco hybrids. The pepper and onions on the tacos were delicious. When most of the liquids are gone cover take off the heat and set aside. Not a fan of rice but want grains to accompany your fajitas?
Fajita Taco Hybrid step by step
- Wash the vegetables. Thinly slice the peppers and onion. Heat the olive oil and season the peppers and onions with seasoned salt. Sauté till tender and set aside..
- Heat the oil add the beans and sauté the beans. Add salt to the beans to taste. Mash the avocado leaving it a bit of chumminess. Add salt to taste..
- Heat the chicken add salt to taste. Keep the onion and peppers warm..
- Mix the ground sirloin, spices, lime juice, and tomato paste. Form into little logs. Add to a hot pan and start cooking them. Rool/turn as needed..
- I covered them as the cooked so they would cook throughout. When cooked through set aside..
- Take the tomato slice half and cube the other half. Toast the tortillas. Set aside and cover with a damp paper towel to keep warm..
- Assemble hybrid Fajita tacos. Add refried beans to a tortilla, the meat of choice. I had two with beef and one with chicken. Add lettuce, tomato of your choice, diced or sliced, cheese, olives, avocado, and sour cream. Give a squeeze of lime juice. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Quinoa is a much healthier option than rice and it tastes wonderful with fajitas. This dish is made even better with zucchini, black beans, tomatoes, and corn. Flavored with fajita seasoning and olive oil, it makes for an excellent side to serve with fajitas. A fajita (/ f ə ˈ h iː t ə /; Spanish: ()) in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish.