'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice. Enter: Clean-Out-The-Fridge Weeknight Fried Rice, a delicious, nutritious, one-pan meal that the whole family will love. Better than take-out by a long shot! Cleaning out the fridge is precisely the reason fried rice exists!
The odds and ends were used to make fried rice. Those little cardboard take-out containers may be cute, but they will also let in air, making leftover rice chewy and hard. Transfer the cooled, cooked rice into an airtight storage container or a ziplock plastic bag (remove as much air from the bag as possible before sealing) then store in the refrigerator. You can cook 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice
- You need of Cold/Leftover cooked rice.
- You need of (equal to)=.
- It’s of Chopped/Diced raw vegetables/left overs.
- Prepare of Olive oil or butter.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Tamari/Soy sauce.
Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. To sum up his findings: Rice only need to be dry, not stale (hence making rice one day in advance is not necessary); Drying the freshly cooked rice by spreading it on a tray and putting it under a fan for one hour does the trick. "Fried rice is definitely one of most common food vehicles for B. cereus," said Dr. Sam Crowe, an epidemiologist at the CDC. Fried rice is often associated with outbreaks of B. cereus because.
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice step by step
- If you do not have leftover rice, cook some rice in a yummy vegetable, chicken or beef stock at least 2 hours before preparing meal – the key is having enough rice to equal the amount of veggies you are using. Be sure rice is cooked and cold, and all veggies are chopped/diced prior to cooking..
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saute pan / wok (pan large enough for rice and veggies to be stirred).
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or 2..
- Add veggies, 1 at a time, in order of desired cooking time (example: 1st carrots for 3-5min, then onion, then broccoli, then water chestnuts, then spinach).
- Stir in rice, a couple dashes of ginger, sesame oil and tamari sauce (to taste). Stir fry for about 5min, then remove from heat and enjoy!.
- Any veggie combo will work, here is some inspiration: corn, peas, pea pods, sugar snaps, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, waterchestnuts, eggplant, tomato, sweet potato, zucchini – add left over shrimp, chicken, pork, beef… anything goes!!! Even bacon!.
To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe. My mom made it to use leftover rice from last night's dinner to make breakfast. Now I bring you vegan egg fried rice—all the. Rice retains more of its shape this way, so when you leave it to cool overnight in a fridge, it'll be slighter harder than usual (and not as clumpy), which is desirable in fried rice. *By slightly, I mean put in the usual amount of water, then (quickly) tip some out.