Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan. And even though your beans will be cooking with brown sugar, if you want a slightly sweeter flavor, add a touch of maple syrup. It really adds another layer of flavor to the dish. They may be healthy vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free beans, but I never said they'd be sugar-free.
If you're not vegan, you can include a bit of cheese. Add chopped lettuce and a bit of hot sauce and you're good to go. HOW TO SERVE MY VEGAN BAKED BEANS. You can have Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- You need 1 lb of dry beans (I used 1/2 pinto & 1/2 white northern).
- You need to taste of clove.
- Prepare to taste of garlic, smashed, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Med onion, fine chop.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil or your favorite good oil.
- You need 3 + 1/4 of cups water.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of good quality fresh chilli powder. More if u want.
- You need 1 of Med green bell pepper, diced.
I love to bake a potato in the oven until it is crispy on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside, cut it in half, dollop on a bit of my Easy Vegan Butter, sprinkle with nutritional yeast (I love the Bob's Red Mill brand) and mash it into the flesh a bit with a fork, then top with my thick, delicious Vegan Baked Beans. Slow cooked, BBQ Vegan Baked Beans – from scratch. It's an all day process, but oh – the flavor is out of this world. You'll be the star of the cookout.
Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan step by step
- Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse..
- Heat oil in large pot, low-med heat. Quickly sautee garlic and onion, add water, beans, spices, green bell pepper and tomato paste plus salt to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cook 60 minutes on low/simmer. Test your beans. Mine were perfect at 1 hr cook time..
In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. This Pinto Bean Soup recipe transforms your kitchen with the delicious aromas of a simmering, easy, tasty soup. It's simple to make and full of all the smoky, savory flavors you've grown to love in traditional soups. Serve this homemade vegetarian soup with cornbread or dinner rolls and with a dollop of creamy vegan sour cream and hot sauce.