Spicy Beef Stew.
You can cook Spicy Beef Stew using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef Stew
- It’s 2 lbs of stew beef.
- It’s 1 tbs of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of sazon packet.
- Prepare 1 tbs of adobo.
- Prepare 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 1-2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 c of water.
- It’s 1 of med sweet potato peeled.
- It’s 2-3 of small white potatoes, peeled.
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots, peeled.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1/4 of red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Spicy Beef Stew step by step
- Season beef with red pepper, onion powder, adobo, garlic powder, sazon, soy sauce, chicken bouillon cube, oregano & olive oil. Cover & let marinade 1-2 days..
- Heat a pot over medium heat with olive oil. Add beef & brown on each side. Once beef is browned on all sides, add 3-4 c water. (I recommend putting water into marinade bowl so you don't waste marinade).You want water to cover beef. Cover pot & let beef boil 1- 1 1/2 hrs until beef is tender. Check on it occasionally, if water dries up, add more water. Once beef is tender, cut potatoes, carrots & onion..
- Add regular potatoes & carrots. Stir, add more water if needed. Let beef & potatoes simmer for 10 minutes. Then add sweet potatoes & onions, stir. After 6 minutes, add red pepper flakes, stir again. Let boil 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste & brown sugar, stir again. Let stew boil until reaching desired thickness. Serve over white rice or with bread..