Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta.
You can cook Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta
- You need 3/4 cup of Uncooked Orzo Pasta.
- It’s 1 medium of cucumber, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley. (OR 1 T. of dried parsley).
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces OR store bought, already cooked and diced, chicken..
Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Pasta step by step
- Cook the Orzo pasta according to the box's directions..
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken until no longer pink. (I poach my chicken).
- To poach chicken, place chicken in large skillet, season chicken to your liking, pour 1 1/2 cups of water over the chicken, cover the skillet with a lid and let it boil over medium heat for 30 minutes. When done, take chicken out of the skillet with tongs and check for doneness..
- Dice the chicken into 1 inch pieces..
- Skin and cut the cucumber..
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, parsley, and chicken..
- After draining the Orzo pasta, stir it into the chicken mixture..
- In another small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Then pour over the chicken mixture..
- Toss to coat..
- Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese..
- Can be served warm or cold. If choosing to serve cold, chill the meal for at least 30 minutes. (I prefer cold).
- **I double this recipe for my family of 6 and triple the dressing to add more flavor. This meal goes great with garlic bread and makes yummy leftovers**.