Chinese BBQ Ribs. Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, five-spice powder, garlic, ginger and food coloring in a metal, non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade into a large zip-top bag. Wrap the ribs completely with foil to create a inclosed environment helps to keep the water too.
Give the BBQ Ribs naughty flavors. These are the best oven-roasted ribs ever, and they can also be finished on a grill for extra smoky flavor Creating steam in the oven is the key to tender meat The ingredients here are close to the ones used by traditional Cantonese barbecue masters to produce sticky-salty-sweet meat that has a reddish, caramelized crust — with ketchup standing in for Chinese red fermented tofu cut the spareribs into individual ribs and arrange them onto a rack in a baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients into a sauce. You can cook Chinese BBQ Ribs using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Ribs
- Prepare 1 rack of pork spare or baby back ribs.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of dry white wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- You need 1 Tbls of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbls of ketchup.
- You need 3 Tbls of honey.
- Prepare 2 Tbls of hoisin sauce.
Drain the ribs very well, then brush with the glaze – if barbecuing, chill, cover and keep in the fridge for later. Heat the grill to high, if using. Do you love the ribs from the Chinese restaurant? Then you're sure to love these!
Chinese BBQ Ribs step by step
- Include all ingredients except last 3 Tbls honey and last 2 Tbls hoisin sauce for marinade. Put whole or halfed rack of ribs in a gallon zip lock bag and pour marinade into it and work it over ribs before sealing. Marinate in fridge 24 hours turning at least once..
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place marinated ribs on roasting pan with rack and roast in oven 30 minutes meat side up. Turn rack over to bone side and roast another 15 mins. If it’s a meaty rack of ribs do 45 mins meat side up and 15 minutes bone side up..
- Remove ribs from oven and set oven to broil. Combine last two ingredients of honey and hoisin sauce and baste both sides with mixture. Broil each side in broiler 2 mins. Keep an eye on it so you don’t burn them. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before cutting them up..
Chinese BBQ I was always crazy for Chinese BBQ ribs, but one thing I didn't know was how easy they were to make at home! They're even easier to make nowadays because now you can buy the special BBQ sauce. To serve, cut ribs apart carefully with knife and arrange on platter. Heat any remaining sauce to a boil; serve with ribs. Baby back ribs will work just as well as St.