Spritz cookies. Spritz cookies are also similar to shortbread cookies, but spritz cookies usually contain an egg. Eggs help the spritz cookies hold their shape when baked, so they don't crumble like shortbread cookies. Spritz Cookies are a Holiday Classic Cookie Recipe!
This tender spritz cookie recipe is very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these spritz cookies into a variety of festive shapes. Spritzgeback Cookies – Swedish Butter Cookies – Pressed Butter Cookies. You can have Spritz cookies using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spritz cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Food coloring(use the icing food coloring).
- It’s of Holiday sprinkles.
Spritz Cookies are crisp, fragile, and buttery tasting. What Christmas holiday cookie plate would be complete without these. These cookies bring back SO many memories! When I was little, there was Light, crisp, and so buttery, these spritz cookies are a beloved holiday tradition.
Spritz cookies instructions
- Heat oven to 400°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla extract and a few drops of food color(use the icing food coloring). My reason for saying that is you don't want to change the dough to being more runny than a soft dough..
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with holiday sprinkles..
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.* Creative mix-ins or decorations will make each batch of spritz cookies one that’s uniquely your own. Drizzle with melted chocolate, mix in chopped nuts or dried fruit, sprinkle with sparkling sugar, color them to match the season. Enjoy.
Classic Buttery Spritz Cookies are such festive and delicious cookies! These cookies are buttery, easy to make and The spritz cookie dough comes together very, very quickly and is so easy to use. Spritz Cookies Recipe & Video. click for printable page. Spritz Cookies, also known as Swedish Butter Cookies or Pressed Butter Cookies, are a very popular Christmas cookie, not only in. This is the best ever recipe for buttery spritz cookies with festive variations, perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange or with a cup.