Pan Fried Cod. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, paprika, black pepper, and parsley (if using). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
It is equally delicious served very simply with wilted spinach, crushed new potatoes and a poached egg as in Mark Jordan's recipe. Pan Fried Cod in a basil and citrus butter sauce. This is so easy to make, and it's perfect for a special dinner or even a quick and light lunch. You can cook Pan Fried Cod using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan Fried Cod
- You need 4 of Cod Fillets (Tilapia and Flounder also work).
- Prepare 1 C of Corn Meal (Corn Flour works too).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Parsley.
- You need 1 Tsp of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- It’s 1 C of Italian Dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Avacado Oil.
Chunks of pan fried cod are cooked in a citrus butter basil sauce! Fried Cod is our favorite fried fish. It's crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. And it is perfect for dunking in homemade tartar sauce.
Pan Fried Cod step by step
- Marinate fish fillets in the Italian dressing for 1 hour..
- Combine corn meal, old bay, onion powder, parsley, and lemon pepper in a medium bowl..
- Coat fillets in corn meal mixture..
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Avocado oil has a higher burn temperature and works better than olive oil for this..
- Place fillets in skillet and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Flip halfway through..
- Serve with a side of lemon wedges and enjoy!.
When it comes to fish, my family is all about the white fish. We like it because it's a mild white fish with a firm texture. Another easy but tasty option is this Pan-Seared Cod with Preserved-Lemon Aioli. It's hard to not love a dish that involves creamy and indulgent lemon aioli. It's a classic restaurant technique you can easily do at home.