Shrimp Cocktail. Check Out Our Recipes To Up The Flavor Of Your Favorite Dish. Shrimp cocktail is the perfect party food — elegant and easy. Check out Food Network chefs' best renditions of an all-star appetizer.
Arrange shrimp on a serving platter; serve with sauce. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and add water to cover; set aside. Cut one lemon into wedges and set aside. You can have Shrimp Cocktail using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Cocktail
- You need of uncooked shrimps.
- Prepare of limes.
- It’s of lemons.
- Prepare of Roma tomatoes.
- It’s of small red onion.
- It’s of cucumber.
- It’s of jalapeño pepper.
- It’s of cilantro.
- It’s of Clamato.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Avocado.
Here's my favorite cocktail sauce recipe. Which Shrimp to Use for Shrimp Cocktail. For a really great shrimp cocktail, you want to go with large shrimp. Buy them deveined and easy peel, but uncooked.
Shrimp Cocktail step by step
- Bring water to a boil. Peel and devein shrimps. Porch shrimps in water until flesh turns pink. Remove shrimps and place in a ice water bath to stop from further cooking..
- Chop up all vegetables and juice the lemons and limes. Place all chopped vegetables in a bowl add in citrus juice and salt to taste..
- Chop shrimps into small pieces. Mix chopped shrimps with the vegetables and citrus juice. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or longer..
- When ready to service, pour in the Clamato juice and diced avocado. Serve with plantains, tostadas, alone or with a salad for a lower carb option..
Whether they're peeled or not already doesn't matter. Her classic shrimp cocktail is a perfect example: it's an easy but elegant starter that shines because it calls for the very best ingredients—including a quick homemade cocktail sauce. Add the shrimp to the pot and when the water returns to a boil, the shrimp should be. Stir in soda, Clamato juice, lime juice and ketchup. A quintessential appetizer that's so easy to make and is ready in minutes.