Jailhouse rice. Love that you called this "Jailhouse Rice"! I've never been in jail as an inmate but I did work in a County Jail Clinic as a nurse so I've seen a lot of "Jailhouse" food! Believe me this does not look & more importantly does not SMELL like anything I've seen served in jail!!
It's a hearty baked rice dish with a ton of flavor, packed with celery and onions and a creamy, fluffy texture. Jailhouse Rice is a ground beef, sausage and rice casserole all mixed together with cream of mushroom soup and some vegetables. There are some variations of this recipe all over the internets…I looked at a few of them and made my own version here! You can cook Jailhouse rice using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jailhouse rice
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of ground turkey.
- Prepare of large or 1 medium onion chopped.
- It’s of celery stalks chopped.
- It’s of mixed veggies (optional).
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of parboiled rice.
- Prepare of cream of celery soup- healthy request.
- It’s of Adobo seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Dried parsley.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
A delicious casserole recipe with rice, ground beef and sausage perfect for feeding a crowd. #casserole #rice #groundbeef #sausage. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Jailhouse Rice is a hearty hodgepodge of comfort and flavor. Remove foil then fluff rice with a fork before serving. etc.
Jailhouse rice step by step
- Sautée the celery and onions in olive oil til translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and brown. Add seasoning at this point. No need to drain. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the rice and simmer for 18 min.
- The last min it’s cooking add the can of cream of celery and the can of veggies. Enjoy!.
You'd think a leelittle ol' food blogger could share a few recipes without getting treated like a Kardashian.. head wondering why anyone would think a yummy casserole made with . In a medium bowl, whisk together soup and broth until smooth. Pour into skillet, add rice, and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. If you love comfort food casseroles like this one, check out a few of these recipes too!