Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Millet is an ancient seed, originally hailing from Africa and northern China, and it remains a staple in the diets of about a third of the world's population. Rich in iron, B vitamins and calcium, millet has a mild corn flavor and is naturally gluten-free.
Nutrition values are shown without toppings. Rice porridge has been my comfort food since I was young. I like all kinds of porridge, whether it's chicken porridge, or fish porridge, or even just plain. You can cook Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max
- Prepare 1/4 cup of organic millet.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water for instant pot max.
- You need 2 cups of water if using regular stove top pressure cooker.
- Prepare 4 of cups+ water if using a regular pot cooking on the stove.
Sauté onion, ginger, carrot in olive oil until aromatic for about a minute. Add diced potatoes, cooked beans and tofu cubs. Cancel saute function and set high pressure at low for one minute with quick release. If using a regular pot, cook at least.
Plain Millet Porridge *Instant pot Max instructions
- Rinse millet in the pot 2 times, discard rinsing water..
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water. Set high pressure, 30 min, quick release on Instant pot Max..
- Add 2 cups of water to a regular pressure cooker. Set on high for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes..
- If stove top regular pot is used, add at least 4 cups of water and allow the steam to evaporate during simmer. After boiling, simmer on medium and cook at least 30 minutes. Add more hot water if needed..
- Summary: Millet is very tough to cook down, thus pressure cooker is highly recommend. High pressure will make turn millet porridge into a very creamy texture like white rice porridge if you done it right..
Step aside chicken noodle soup, here comes the Instant Pot Chicken Congee! Congee, also known as Jook, is a rice porridge that has thousands of years of history in the Chinese culture. It's the ultimate "feel good" comfort food that we crave for when we're not feeling well or when it's cold. You'll definitely feel an instant soothing effect with a good warm bowl of. When cooking with the Instant Pot Max family, please refer to the MAX tab.