Pan cooked Oxtail. I made your southern smothered oxtails yesterday for Sunday dinner. It was the best oxtails I have ever eaten. Dear Lord it was so good!
We know an outstanding dish when we taste it. I modified it only in the fact that I did not use a slow cooker. Now return the oxtails to the pot along with the stock, tomato paste, bay leaves, peppercorns, and rosemary. You can have Pan cooked Oxtail using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan cooked Oxtail
- Prepare 1 lb of Oxtail.
- It’s 1/4 cup of browning or soy sauce(taste better with browning sauce).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oxtail seasoning or your fav seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt 🧂.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumming.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 box of chicken stock (32oz).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped carrots 🥕.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion 🌰.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of glove garlic.
- You need 1 can of buttered bean.
Heat on the stovetop until the liquid comes to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and transfer the whole thing to the preheated oven. Cook the oxtails until they're completely tender when you poke them with a fork. Once they're cooked, carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve the oxtails with roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. This video is about cooking Stove Top Beef Oxtails.
Pan cooked Oxtail instructions
- Wash oxtail, then add powdered seasonings and browning unto oxtail meat and mix well. Allow meat 🍖 to marinate overnight or 1hr.
- Pour cooking oil to pan and let hot,then add the oxtail and allow to brown/sear for 4mins on each side. Add chicken or beef stock and cover and allow to cook for 4 to 5hrs or until meat is tender. Cook in medium to low heat add water or stock when necessary..
- Once meat is tender add chopped onions, carrots 🥕, bell peppers, garlic and cover. Simmer for 10mins. Then add beans and cover for another 2mins. ENJOY!!.
DISCLAIMER : I DO NOT OWN OR HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC USED IN THIS VIDEO. Low and slow is the way to go, holding the oxtails at a low simmer so the muscles can gently soften and connective tissues can melt into rich, oozy gelatin. That need for long, slow cooking means oxtails in a Crock-Pot is a match made in culinary heaven. Learn how to cook great Fried oxtails. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Fried oxtails recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.