Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls. Salty and crisp tofu, sweet sushi rice, creamy avocado with warming chipotle, pickled ginger and kimchi, this vegan sushi burrito is a fusion party. If you are looking for an exotic lunch or a fun dinner protect with the kids, you will love this crispy tofu sushi burrito. Simple, fun and hopefully not a fad.
These vegan sushi rolls couldn't be any easier! *Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls This is the bomb! ancore. Learn how to make delicious Sushi Rolls with tofu instead of your regular meats for a new take on this tasty dish. You can have Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls
- You need of Firm tofu.
- You need 1 C of Sushi rice.
- It’s 1 C of Corn starch.
- Prepare of Vegan chicken seasoning.
- It’s of UMAMI mushroom seasoning.
- It’s 2 of Nori sheets.
- Prepare of Pickled Shredded red cabbage.
- It’s of Pickled carrots and apples.
- It’s of Soy sauce (shoyu sauce).
- It’s of Mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of Oat milk.
- Prepare of Sugar and Salt.
This time the avocado, crunchy onion, raw onion, teriyaki sauce and tofu really made super tasty sushi rolls when mixed up together. The original type of sushi was first developed in Southeast Asia as a means of preserving fish in fermented rice. RICE: Cook the short grain rice as per usual.; TOFU: Cut the tofu into vertical slices, around ½ inch thick. Coat with the corn starch and season with some salt.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls step by step
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick..
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!.
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil..
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too).
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!.
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm..
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully..
Over medium heat, fry the tofu in some oil until brown and crispy. Transfer onto a plate to cool. Making sushi rolls at home is not only simple, but significantly cheaper! Watch a few videos on how to make sushi and then come back when you are ready to create some delicious spicy tofu rolls! Allow the pressure to release naturally.