Asian Lemon Chicken. Made with a light and crispy coating, and covered in a flavorful sweet, savory and tangy lemon sauce. Stove top, bake or air fryer instructions plus recipe video! Asian Lemon Chicken ©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com Pin it to your Asian Chicken board to SAVE it for later!
You can use either chicken breast or thigh meat for the Chinese lemon chicken. Cut the chicken breast into boneless bite-size, either with the skin on or removed. Asian prefers chicken thigh over breast meat. You can have Asian Lemon Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Lemon Chicken
- It’s 1 of . 200 grams boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size.
- You need 2 of . 1 tbsp light soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of . A pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 of . 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- It’s 5 of . 1 egg white.
- It’s 6 of . ½ cup cornstarch.
- It’s 7 of . 2 tbsp light soy sauce.
- It’s 8 of . 2 tbsp rice vinegar.
- It’s 9 of . 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about ½ lemon).
- Prepare 10 of . 4 tbsp sugar.
- It’s 11 of . 1 tbsp lemon zest.
- It’s 12 of . ½ medium size onion, sliced.
- You need 13 of . 2 sliced of lemon.
- It’s 14 of . 1 tbsp cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water).
The Asian lemon chicken tenders and the teriyaki salmon are honestly my absolute two favorite recipes on this blog! Chinese Lemon Chicken is a Chinese food favorite and one of my go to's because the sauce is so easy to make and has such a great sweet and sour flavor without needing all the red food coloring. Just a few ingredients and you'll be glad you didn't pick up the phone and call your favorite delivery spot. Asian Lemon Chicken is super simple to make and faster than ordering take out!
Asian Lemon Chicken step by step
- 1. Marinade the chicken with egg white, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice into a mixing bowl and set it aside.
- 3. Coat the marinated chicken with the cornstarch and deep fry them. Set it aside..
- 4. Stir fry the onion until soften. Add ¼ cup of water and let it reduced for about 2 minutes.
- 5. Pour the lemon mixture, add the sugar, lemon zest and the sliced of lemon. Cook it for about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust to your liking..
- 6. Pour the cornstarch slurry and stir it until it thickens. Once it’s thicken, put the chicken in and combine with the sauce..
It's one of those Chinese menu items that everyone loves and typically is the first to be eaten. This Asian Lemon Chicken recipe will be your new favorite! Chinese Lemon Chicken is a close match to the super popular Orange chicken in flavor but not presentation. The classic orange chicken is made with chunks of dark meat chicken that are tossed in a sweet, tangy and spicy sauce which lemon chicken is a fried chicken cutlet that is sliced and covered in a freshly made lemon sauce. With a light and crispy coating covered in a flavorful sweet, savory and tangy lemon sauce.