Paleo Fruit Crumble. The classic topping for apple crumble is made of oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon (my non-paleo apple crisp recipe topping contains oats). Cold butter is mixed in until the mixture becomes crumbly (hence the name of this dessert). My version is easier and healthier.
Mix all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to the pie dish and spread evenly. Berry Crumble Paleo desserts are always a gray area, and this one is especially designed to imitate a favorite grain-based treat, so be smart about it: if you're still trying to fight off cravings for the real thing, making a replacement out of nuts and fruit is not doing yourself any favors. You can have Paleo Fruit Crumble using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Fruit Crumble
- It’s 1 bag of of frozen berries from TJ.
- It’s 2 tbsp of xylitol or truvia.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tapioca flour or arrowroot powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of almond meal.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
For more berry/crisp recipes, be sure to check out our Best Ever Vegan Apple Crisp, Gluten-Free Strawberry Nectarine Crisp, Easy Peach Crisp, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars, and Vegan Berry Pop Tarts! If you try this crisp, let us know it goes! Traditionally, the raw fruit would be placed in a baking dish, sprinkled with the crumble and baked until cooked. However, since this is an SCD and Paleo version, the ingredients used for the crumble will brown quickly in the oven, this means we need to cook the fruit first on the stove.
Paleo Fruit Crumble step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In large bowl mix the frozen berries of your choice with a tablespoon of tapioca flour (or arrowroot), 1 tablespoon of xylitol, and vanilla..
- Place fruit in pie dish..
- In another bowl mix together the almond meal, salt, remaining sweetener, and coconut oil. Mix together until coconut oil no longer in chunks and well incorporated in mixture..
- Spread mixture over berries evenly..
- Place dish in oven for about 45 minutes or until berries begin to boil..
- Let cool. Serve..
Cobblers have a dropped-biscuit or pie dough topping. Crisps often contain a topping of sugar, butter, flour, nuts and oats. The oats are the 'crisp' part. Crumbles, unlike crisps, rarely contain oats and instead rely on a streusel-like topping of butter, flour and sugar. Since this Paleo Apple Crumble is oat-free, and indeed based on an authoritative crumble recipe, I feel fairly.