Italian meatballs aka Polpette. They are delicious in spaghetti sauce and make a perfect meatball sandwich! You can even simmer them with your favorite spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker when. In Italy is a second course, many of you love to eat them with Spaghetti.
They're called polpette and are typically either made small enough to use in We sure do! Polpette alla Napoletana: Meatballs In Tomato Sauce. In different regions in Italy, you will find meatballs served with different sauces, broth. You can have Italian meatballs aka Polpette using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian meatballs aka Polpette
- You need 400 gr of mince beef meat.
- You need 1 slice of bread.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- It’s 1 of small glass of milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 3 pinch of parsley.
- It’s 1 of egg.
My mom's friend who is Italian gave me a copy of her family cookbook that they had bound and published. It was a wedding shower gift that I treasure. These little eggplant polpette (aka meat free meatballs) are unbelieva-BALL-y good…sorry, I couldn't help myself. But seriously, these are little balls of deliciousness that will quickly have any carnivore forgetting that they are completely meat free.
Italian meatballs aka Polpette instructions
- Gather the materials and put in the multi mixer the bread with milk, parsley and parmesan. If the bread is already crumbled no need for mixer..
- Break the egg in the mince meat add salt and pepper and stir..
- Add in the minced meat the mixed ingredients and stir to obtain a smooth result. Then put it to rest in the fridge at least half hour..
- After 30 minutes,we make small balls and we roll them slightly in the flour..
- In a pan put 2 tbsp of olive oil and some herbs like sage rosemary etc and let the pan come to a high temperature..
- After the pan is ready we put the little balls and we stir them. We add bit of salt if needed and slowly we add the lemon juice and the wine. We let them be cooked in a medium fire for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!.
They are firm on the outside and tender and soft in the. Method: Soak the bread in the milk until soft. Then add all ingredients except for the oil. These easy Eggplant Meatballs/Polpette without the meat, are a fast, easy and tasty way to use eggplant. Make them as a main dish or appetizer.