Taco Frito Casserole. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Frito Taco Casserole Recipe It has been a few weeks since I shared a good casserole recipe! It's all the goodness of a taco salad in casserole form!
It's quick and simple to make and Bounty paper towels are there to help with the clean up. Add Picante sauce and cook until bubbly and sauce thickens on low. This family favorite starts by layering Chili Cheese Fritos, then taco meat, cheese sauce and topped with cheese that is baked to an ooey gooey perfection! You can cook Taco Frito Casserole using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco Frito Casserole
- It’s 1 Pound of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 of Taco Packet or more based on preference.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 Can of Rotel (10 oz can) add more or less.
- You need 1 Can of Red Enchilada Sauce.
- It’s 1 Cup of Masa Prepared According to Package.
- It’s 1 Can of Refried Beans.
- You need 1 Cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese.
- It’s 2 Cups of Fritos.
- It’s 2 of Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare of Garnish with lettuce, sour cream, and salsa.
It is pretty much a Taco Casserole… I just love me a good casserole, don't you? That could be because most casseroles involve one of my favorite foods- cheese. Frito Pie, also called Frito Casserole or sometimes even a taco bake recipe consists of chili, topped with cheese and finished off with Fritos corn chips and any other toppings that your hungry heart desires. Frito Taco casserole is almost as classic as a frito pie.
Taco Frito Casserole instructions
- Add oil to frying pan. Saute onions and garlic..
- Add ground beef and taco packet seasoning with water. Simmer for 10 minutes until ground beef is cooked thoroughly. Add refried beans and Rotel. Stir..
- Prepare Masa according to mixture on package. Line bottom of 8×8 glass baking dish with 3/4 of Masa. Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes to pre cook crust layer. Remove crust from oven..
- Begin layering casserole. First, create a layer with meat bean mixture, pour ⅓ of the Red Enchilada sauce over meat mixture. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of rice. Sprinkle shredded cheese. Sprinkle with ½ cup of Fritos. Layer with 1 flour tortilla and repeat layer pattern twice. Top with remaining Masa, cheese and Fritos..
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes..
- Serve with lettuce, olives, salsa, sour cream, and additional Fritos..
They great taste of chili, beef and a crunch of fritos it always a easy recipe to make! Also known as frito taco pie, this easy dish can be made at home with a few simple ingredients; beef, beans, tomatoes, corn, an ample supply of cheese, and of course, Fritos! For a super fun grab-and-go treat, use fritos from single serving bags and after the casserole is finished, scoop a serving back into the bag and hand off to a hungry eater! This Chili Cheese Frito Taco Bake recipe came about after me being on a mission to find the easiest, quickest and most kid friendly recipes around. Top with taco sauce, sour cream, and fritos to taste when serving.