American Pancakes. Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch. Top with something sweet like fruit, jam or syrup, or rashers of crispy bacon. These are those thick, spongy American pancakes that are often eaten with warm maple syrup and crisp fried bacon.
For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. This easy American pancake recipe makes light and fluffy pancakes that are great for a weekend brunch. Try adding a large handful of fresh blueberries to the batter before cooking. You can cook American Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of American Pancakes
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Self Rising Flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 large of eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil or melted butter.
Introducing my easy fluffy American pancakes recipe. These pancakes make hands down the best easy breakfast or brunch recipe. Whether you're celebrating Pancake Day or making brunch, our American-style pancakes are the perfect treat. Serve them with syrup, fruit or any other toppings you fancy.
American Pancakes step by step
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine and mix until well blended, let rest for 5 minutes..
- Heat griddle or frying pan to about 200°C. Coat lightly with vegetable oil or non-stick baking spray..
- For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto hot surface. Flip over once bubbles have risen on the surface..
Learn how to make fluffy American pancakes at home. These pancakes are delicious for breakfast or as a dessert. They can be served with jam, fruits, honey, whipped cream, chocolate, maple syrup. Blueberry pancakes (above) are great but you must try the corn pancakes. On one condition – you must use fresh corn.