Rigatoni pasta pie. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta. Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up.
With just a few extra minutes of prep time, a classic baked pasta dinner is transformed into an eye-catching pie. Take traditional pasta to a whole new level with a family favorite recipe for Easy Cheesy Rigatoni Pie. Have you ever seen ordinary pasta look more extraordinary? You can cook Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- You need 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of Butter for pan.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
Just look at those tubes of tasty carbs standing at attention, filled with tangy marinara sauce and sporting a gooey, yet simultaneously crispy blanket of melted mozzarella and. Place the rigatoni pasta tubes upright into the tin – it's best to start at one side of the tin and work across as this keeps them more upright. Once the tin is full, squeeze as many tubes of pasta into the gaps as possible – you'll be surprised how many you can fit in! Working in a spiral motion, place the cooked rigatoni pasta, tube end facing up, in the cup on top of the marinara sauce.
Rigatoni pasta pie instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Fill the mug snuggly with pasta so that the pasta will hold its shape after being baked. Top the pasta with enough marinara to cover it. Spread the sausage mixture on top of the pasta. Sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the sausage. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.