Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies. And I bet these Healthy Caramel Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies easily would've satisfied our sweet tooth moment! Which is pure cookie heaven in my book! ?? I'm guessing I'm not the only.
Make these delicious Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies! They are soft with a yummy chewy texture. I used Kroger brand Salted Caramel Chips and they were delicious, however – next time I'd love to try this recipe using a bag of Kraft Caramel Bits because I've heard they're amazing too! You can cook Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 cups of quick cooking oats.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of salted caramel baking chips.
One of my favorite cookies are my Mom's Oatmeal Scotchies! I love the chewy, soft texture of oatmeal cookies. I thought the only way to make them any better were to add bits of caramel! How to Make Oatmeal Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Caramel Chip Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together until combined and set it aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed for about 1 minute, until creamy and smooth. Then beat in both sugars until the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla next, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low speed until just combined, then gradually add in the oats. Lastly, once all the oats are incorporated, beat in the caramel chips until everything is combined. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Once the dough has finished chilling, remove it from the fridge and preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Roll the dough into large balls (about 2 tbsp. of dough per ball) and arrange about 3" apart on the baking trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to brown. The centers will still look very soft and underbaked..
- Let the cookies cool on the trays for 10 minutes, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week..
Add in dry ingredients including rice cereal, caramel bits and chocolate chips. Stir the dough only enough to incorporate the ingredients. Don't over stir your cookie dough as this can cause tough cookies. Addicting coconut oil whole wheat chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with an insane salted date caramel sauce. These are ridiculously chewy and SO delicious!