Pan Baked Cheese Cookies. Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl. Slowly add sugar and beat until fluffy. A really nice change from all the sweet cookies out there.
In a large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended. You can cook Pan Baked Cheese Cookies using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan Baked Cheese Cookies
- It’s 40 tablespoons of tapioca flour.
- You need 7 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- You need 7 tablespoon of corn flour.
- You need 2 tablespoon of powdered milk (I use 4 tablespoon of powdered soy milk instead).
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 45 teaspoons of margarine/ butter.
- It’s 15 teaspoons of icing sugar (you can put more if you like it sweet. Mine is more into savory taste).
- It’s 7 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese (you can put more if you like it).
- It’s 2 of egg yolks for egg wash.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese for top sprinkle.
The ricotta keeps them moist, and the recipe yields a large batch, which is great since the baked cookies freeze so well. Do not freeze the unbaked dough. You can decorate them with chopped candied cherries, colored sugar or candy sprinkles. These thyme and cheddar cheese cookies can be served soft or crisp.
Pan Baked Cheese Cookies step by step
- Soften the margarine/butter, add on sugar, and stir again until soft..
- Add the 3 egg yolks into, stir until mixed well. Add the shredded cheese, mix well..
- Sieve the tapioca flour, wheat flour, corn flour, and powdered milk into. Stir until mixed well and formed into crumbs..
- Once turned into crumbs form, start kneading with hand until formed into non sticky dough..
- Flatten the dough (I put into plastic and flatten it), and shape it. You can use any kind of cookies mould as well (like using the cookies mould press), or use cookie cutter.
- Shape the cookies in any way you like, then egg wash the top surface, sprinkle some shredded cheese..
- Preheat pan, low medium heat ±5 mins (I use induction cooker, deep fry mode 100°c).
- Put some baking paper onto the pan surface, then arrange the cookies dough. Bake for about 30 mins to 45 mins in medium low heat (mine is 100°c), until the bottom turned into golden brown color (if you were using oven, the result would be more better, the color would be more into golden)..
I've got a really fun recipe to share with you guys today. I've already shared a slew of great cookie recipes in the last couple of weeks – like these Classic Thumbprint Cookies , Classic Shortbread Cookies , and these amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies. Remove cookies from oven and place on a cooling rack. Serve warm from the oven, or microwave for a few seconds before eating. It is the best sugar cookie recipe ever!