Crispy Fried Tilapia. You can cut into small pieces before breading so the kids can eat like nuggets. Stays crispy for packing in a lunch or picnic! A major importance in artisanal fishing in Africa and the Levant, and are of increasing importance in aquaculture around the world.
Sift or stir flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish, and set aside. In a bowl, beat egg whites until white and frothy. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs with cornmeal and basil. You can cook Crispy Fried Tilapia using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Fried Tilapia
- It’s of Tilapia fish.
- It’s of Lime or lemon juice.
- It’s of Corn starch.
- You need of Grind the spices below into paste :.
- You need of Shallots.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Coriander seed or ground coriander.
- It’s of Fresh turmeric or ground turmeric.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground white pepper.
Crispy Parmesan Tilapia – quick and easy tilapia fillets breaded with Parmesan and pan-fried until golden and crispy. Flaky on the inside and crispy on the outside, this tilapia will be your favorite fish dinner! You can easily make a flavorful seafood dinner, like my Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon or Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Pasta. Enjoy the crispiness of fried fish with a simpler and healthier recipe.
Crispy Fried Tilapia instructions
- Coat the fish with lime juice. Put it in the fridge for 10-15 min..
- Rinse the fish clean. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towel..
- With a sharp knife, make slashes crosswise on a diagonal along the body of the fish every 2" on both sides, cutting all the way down to the bone..
- Coat the spice paste on all over the fish inside and out..
- Put it back in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Heat the frying oil over medium high heat..
- Take the fish out of the fridge then sprinkle lightly with corn starch on both side of the fish..
- Put the fish gently into the hot oil. Fry it until the skin on the bottom side looks crisp then turn it over carefully. Fry until the skin on the other side deeply browned and crisp..
- Transfer the cooked fish on wire rack..
Toasted panko bread crumbs (crunchier than traditional bread crumbs) create a flavorful coating for tilapia fillets, but the mixture could also be used with other fish, like salmon. Adjust the cooking time based on thickness of. Salted and Blackened Tilapia, Pan-Seared Tilapia, Almond-Crusted Tilapia, Blackened Tilapia with Secret Hobo Spices, Fish Tacos with Honey-Cumin Cilantro Slaw and Chipotle Mayo Tender tilapia fillets are dipped in an egg mixture, coated with parmesan seasoned panko crumbs and pan-fried till golden brown. This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia recipe will conquer the "same old thing for dinner" blues! While I've used tilapia in this recipe, the simple and crispy crust is a delicious way to serve any type of white fish!