American Enchiladas. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Submitted by: Louise M. from Milwaukee, Wisconsin Need enchiladas? Get delicious enchiladas recipes including enchilada casserole, chicken enchiladas, cheese enchiladas, beef enchiladas, shrimp enchiladas, and more enchilada recipes.
Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Brownie muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. Next comes the sauce, which is a key aspect of enchiladas. You can cook American Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American Enchiladas
- You need 1 box of Jiffy corn bread.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground meat.
- It’s 1 packages of shredded Mexican cheese.
- It’s 1 head of Romain lettuce, chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato, sliced.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of sliced black olives.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced mushrooms.
Put the homemade or purchased enchilada sauce in a shallow dish or bowl so that you can easily dip the tortillas in it. Do the same with all the tortillas. I am making these tonight for a Lenten supper. I added some sweated onions too.
American Enchiladas instructions
- With egg and milk, prepare and bake corn bread according to instructions on the box.
- While corn bread is baking, brown ground meat until fully cooked.
- Heat tomato sauce, in another pan, until hot.
- Once lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, and mushrooms are all sliced, arrange vegetables on a serving platter.
- To serve, pile food as follows: piece of corn bread, ground meat, vegetables, drizzled tomato sauce, and shredded cheese as desired. Enjoy!.
I'm making it as a casserole. A creamy filling of chicken, sour cream, and cheese gets an added "kick" stirred into it with Pace(R) Picante Sauce. Rolled up in tortillas and baked until bubbly, these enchiladas couldn't be easier, or any more delicious. They can be prepared simply with just cheese, or be spruced up by adding a little bit of beef or chicken to appeal to the meat-eaters in your household. You'll need red enchilada sauce and chicken broth to make the sauce, a pound of ground beef, diced onions, green onions, olives and green chiles for the enchilada filling and corn tortillas for.