Pan Seared T-Bone Steak. A half-hour before cooking, remove steak from refrigerator. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
Pat steak dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet and when it begins to smoke add steak. Butter will make the T-Bone juicier and flavorful. You can have Pan Seared T-Bone Steak using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Seared T-Bone Steak
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb. of T-Bone (steak).
Remove steak from the skillet, place in the oven pan and insert into the preheated oven to finish cooking the T-Bone. Using an instant read meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the steak for preferred doneness. Cooking the Best T Bone Steak on the Stove & Oven Porterhouse, T-bone, ribeye, and New York strip will all work.
Pan Seared T-Bone Steak step by step
- Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper to both sides of the steak..
- Drizzle the EVOO on a medium-high cast iron skillet. Make sure that you begin to see smoke and then place the steak on the skillet..
- Pre-set oven to 350°F and sizzle steak on medium-low for 4 minutes on each side. Place steak in oven for 6-8 minutes..
- (An instant-read thermometer inserted perpendicularly into the steak registers 125 degrees F for medium rare.).
The Best Way to Cook T-Bone Steak. The secret to cooking the perfect T-bone steak (or any steak), is to combine pan searing with an oven finish. This gives you a slightly crusted outside with a juicy tender inside. The oven is better at providing indirect heat, while pan-searing gives you the much desired, grilled and slightly charred edge. This video is about pan-seared t-bone steak.