Sautéed garlic spinach. Dinner couldn't be simpler with Ina Garten's Garlic Sauteed Spinach recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. It's an easy, go-to side dish for your table. Here's a super quick Sautéed Spinach that will pair beautifully with most proteins.
SAUTEED SPINACH – A QUICK HEALTHY SIDE Coarsely chop the spinach and stalks. Working in batches, add the damp spinach to the pan. Transfer the cooked spinach to a metal bowl, and cook the remaining spinach. You can have Sautéed garlic spinach using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed garlic spinach
- It’s 3 tablespoons of EVOO.
- You need 3 tablespoons of fresh garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 6 oz. of fresh spinach.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sautéed spinach (or any greens) with garlic and a squeeze of lemon (or vinegar) is a simple formula that lets spinach shine and will never go out of favor. Add all the spinach, salt, and pepper to the pot; toss with the garlic and oil. Uncover, turn heat on high, and cook for another minute, stirring until all the spinach is wilted.
Sautéed garlic spinach instructions
- Heat skillet with EVOO at medium heat..
- Add fresh garlic and sizzle for 3 mins..
- Mix in fresh spinach and allow to steam for 3 mins. Add white cooking wine and blend spinach in skillet until cooked through..
Add garlic and toss (or stir) until it just starts to turn color. Remove from heat and IMMEDIATEY add spinach. Toss with a set of tongs to coat the spinach with oil/garlic. Salt to taste, some folks like it with a just a bit of fresh grated nutmeg. Cover and let sit for a couple minutes, toss again and serve.