You can cook Cinnamon Rolls using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- You need of Dough.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 3/4 c of buttermilk, room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of melted butter.
- It’s 3 T of regular yeast.
- It’s 1/2 T of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 5-6 c of flour.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 c of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2-2 T cinnamon.
- It’s 4 T of salted butter, room temp.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/8 tsp of almond extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 4-5 T of milk.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 1/2 c of powdered sugar.
- It’s 6 T of softened butter.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, and yeast. Mix. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. The yeast will get bubbly..
- Once the yeast is bubbly add salt, eggs, and flour. Mix for 8-10 minutes. After mixing, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes..
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir to combine..
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a silat mat on a baking sheet. Roll out dough on a greased countertop. (I lightly spray my counter top with cooking spray… I used Bakers Joy). Roll the dough into a 14"x18" rectangle. Using the back of a spoon, smear the softened butter over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon brown sugar filling evenly over the softened butter..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand held mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated..
- When the cinnamon rolls are finished baking, remove from the oven, and let them sit for 3 minutes or so. Frost the rolls when warm..
- Best when served warm and eaten in the same day. However, you can store these in an airtight container for 3 days..