Chinese Steam Egg. Chinese Steamed Egg (also known as Chinese Steamed Egg Custard) is a healthy breakfast. Learn how steam eggs Chinese style, as well as useful tips and tricks. TThis post and giveaway is sponsored by Vitaliseur de Marion.
Secret formulas of Chinese steamed eggs from renowned chefs. Since it is perfectly suitable for the targeted readers of my forthcoming cookbook, I have dug deeper into the details of making the perfect Chinese steamed eggs by referring to the methods perfected by various renowned Chinese chefs. Now measure out water at the same volume as the eggs, and add it to the bowl. You can cook Chinese Steam Egg using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Steam Egg
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of salty egg.
- It’s 1 of century egg (Preserved egg).
- You need 250 ml of water.
- You need of I didnt use any seasoning cos there is a salty egg.
- Prepare of Garnish :.
- It’s 1 tsp of light soy sauce (optional).
- It’s of Spring onoins.
If you wish, replace water with chicken stock for a fuller taste. Warm water works best for Chinese steamed eggs. The right temperature helps the beaten egg and the water to combine. Chinese Steamed Egg: A Traditional Dish In Chinese Cuisine.
Chinese Steam Egg instructions
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl,.
- Crack salty egg,separate the egg yolk and white.
- Put white salty egg into the 2 eggs in the bowl and lightly beat them. Dont put egg yolk together..
- Add water and stir one direction then strain egg mixture into a heat proof bowl.
- Cover with heat proof wrap.
- Place the bowl in the prepared steamer, and steam over low to medium heat about 8 minutes or untill set..
- While waiting untill 8 minutes cut cube century egg and salty egg yolk.
- After 8 minutes put in century egg and egg yolk and cover again with heatproof warp, steam again about 5 minutes or untill yolk set.
- And finally done,, and sprinkle spring onion and light soy sauce if u want,, I didnt put it :).
This is the most basic version of Chinese Steamed Egg. Perhaps you can say it's the Chinese equivalent of Chawanmushi. It is also known as 蒸水蛋 i.e. "steamed water eggs", because it is literally just steaming a water-egg mixture. When I was a kid, my parents has always make me steam eggs. Sometimes it is steamed nice and perfect, jiggly and smooth.