Roti (Indian Bread).
You can cook Roti (Indian Bread) using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roti (Indian Bread)
- Prepare 3 cups of Wheat Flour.
- Prepare Half of a cup of water (add more if req).
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
Roti (Indian Bread) instructions
- Put the 3 cups of wheat flour, half tbsp of salt into a bowl, then gradually add the water (15 ml at the start) and mix well. When it has formed a dough, use your hands to knead it for a few minutes until it forms a soft, smooth bowl. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave to rest for at least 30 mins..
- After the resting time, remove the dough from the plastic wrap, and make it into a golf ball-sized ball. Flatten with your hand, then with a floured rolling pin, roll out to form a disc about 20 cm in diameter and 2 mm thick..
- Heat a frying pan/tawa until very hot. Cook the chapatis one at a time for approx. 1-2 mins one side, until the dough bubbles and these bubbles turns brown. Then topple it to cook the other side. One side should be cooked 50% lesser than the other..
- Remove from the heat and brush it with melted ghee or butter. Serve hot. (Pic: it was served with masala egg poach (Egg burji))..