Vege-Mee Goreng *Vegetarian. Easy veggie fried noodles recipe with ketchup, soy sauce, and lime. A few weeks ago, I had a small gathering and one of my friends I decided to make some vegetarian food for them. As my friend is from Malaysia, I immediately thought of mee goreng, or Malaysian.
Mee Goreng – Mi Goreng is a delicious Indonesian recipe served as a Main. Find the complete instructions on Bawarchi. Presenting to you the most popular Indian food website that has a huge collection of Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian recipes from India and around the world. You can cook Vege-Mee Goreng *Vegetarian using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vege-Mee Goreng *Vegetarian
- You need of instant noodle.
- You need of carrots.
- You need of cabbage.
- You need of spring onions.
- Prepare of chopped celery leaves.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Mee Goreng is completely different from the Chinese noodles like Chow Mien, and the Malaysian Char Kuey Teow, due to the different set of ingredients and spices. No one ever cared about what the hell was in those plastic packets. All we cared about was that Sex & The City was in the DVD player and our hangover was about to be gone (and by we I am definitely talking about me). Use two packs of Asian Home Gourmet Indonesian Mee Goreng instead of tomato and chilli sauces.
Vege-Mee Goreng *Vegetarian instructions
- Boil the noodle, mix it with a little bit of cooing oil when its done to make it stay unjoined, put it aside..
- Peel and grate the carrot thinly grated. Chop the cabbage and spring onion thinly, put it aside..
- Mash the garlics with salt, and pepper..
- Pre-heat 3 tbsp cooking oil in a frying pan, put the mashed garlic in until it smells pleasant..
- Put the carrot and cabbage in, let them cooked for 5 minutes and add the spring onion in. Mix them well..
- Gradually put the noodle in and mix it well with two hands using spatula and fork together.until the noodle and vegetables mix well, pour sweet soy sauce little by little on to the noodle mixture, and mix it well until the noodle turns light brown colour from the sweet soy sauce..
- Taste the salt in the noodle mixture, if its good, turn off the stove and serve it with sprinkle of celery leaves on top..
Look in the refrigerator section of your local supermarket for pre-fried or marinated varieties of firm tofu. Mee hoon, or rice vermicelli, are thin noodles made from rice flour. These noodles are eaten as part of a soup or stir-fry, and can also be made into salad. This Mee Goreng was tasty although I'm not sure if it's worth all the hype that surrounds it. I actually saw a few other stalls around the area that sell the Besides just Sotong, you can also have extra egg, no egg, kosong version and even a vegetarian-friendly version.