Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker.
You can have Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of Beef Brisket or London Broil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper or seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of onions, pealed, cut into 1/2 inch lengthwise slices.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, pealed and chopped.
- Prepare 12 oz of white button or cremini mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 can of (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low-sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 lb of baby carrots.
Mediterranean Brisket in Pressure Cooker instructions
- Use a sharp kife to score the "fat cap" of the meat (but do not remove the fat).
- Season the meat on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Select "Browning" and add olive oil to the cooking pot of the pressure cooker. When hot, brown the seasoned beef on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a plate.
- Select "Saute" and add onions and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme and basil. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the drained tomatoes and stock; cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the browned brisket to the cooking pot, topping it with some of the vegetable mix. Add carrots on top.
- Cover and lock lid in place. Select "High Pressure" and set timer for 55 minutes..
- Use natural pressure release to release pressure. When float valve drops, remove lid carefully titling away from you to allow steam to disperse..