Asian Shrimp Omelet. All weekday breakfasts should be quick and healthy! Trying a new keto breakfast recipe is always exciting. Anytime you can add something interesting and delicious to your morning routine is an opportunity you should take!
Egg Foo Young is a fluffy Chinese egg omelette filled with vegetables and pork or shrimp, smothered in a tasty Chinese Sauce. An easy Chinese recipe that's quick to make and versatile as you want it to be. Homemade Chinese takeout recipes are one of my favourite quick dinners, from Chow Mein to Beef and Broccoli, Cashew Chicken to Kung Pao Chicken.. You can cook Asian Shrimp Omelet using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Shrimp Omelet
- Prepare 1/2 pound of medium peeled shrimp, tails removed.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of guava juice.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 an orange.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced/ fresh ginger.
- You need 1/4 of of a fresh jalapeño, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced green onion.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 of minced white onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of slice mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil or vegetable oil.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 handful of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
Whether I'm trying to put a late-night dinner on the table or cooking for one, a Thai-style omelet (kai jeow) is what I often turn to for an easy meal in minutes. Browned and crispy, it's quite different from a French omelet, especially thanks to the punch of umami from its essential ingredient: Fish sauce! Rather than salt, fish sauce is added to the beaten eggs, along with green onions. This Italian Shrimp Omelette is a savory omelette that uses shrimp, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella cheese.
Asian Shrimp Omelet instructions
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sesame oil, jalapeño, orange juice, guava juice, ginger, honey, and [email protected]
- Stir together and pour into a Ziplock bag. Add your shrimp in the bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- While your shrimp is marinating, slice and roughly chop the mushrooms and mince the onion..
- In a small pan over medium heat, sauté the mushroom and onions in either canola oil or vegetable oil until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Remove shrimp from marinade and add it to the onion and mushroom mixture..
- Put marinade and corn starch in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and boil until it is thick and becomes a sauce..
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs, then add them to medium pan over medium heat..
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, onions, and a few tablespoons of the sauce to the eggs so the become part of the omelet..
- Let the egg mixture sit to cook, occasionally shimmying the pan to prevent from sticking, until mostly cooked. Fold omelet in half, transfer it onto a plate and serve with sauce. (If desired garnish with some chopped green onion).
I see your gears turning and people's alarms going off. I should tell you that for a long time, I was a skeptic about seafood at breakfast. Beat with a fork until frothy. If the flour forms a few lumps, break up as many as possible with your fingers. Prepare sauce by adding oyster sauce to chicken broth then whisk.