Quick homemade cinnamon rolls.
You can cook Quick homemade cinnamon rolls using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick homemade cinnamon rolls
- It’s of for the dough:.
- You need of & 3/4 cups of flour.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of dry instant yeast.
- It’s of water.
- You need of milk.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of egg.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- Prepare of butter softened.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need of cinnamon.
- It’s of For the icing:.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- You need of milk.
- You need of vanilla extract.
Quick homemade cinnamon rolls step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Mix the first 4 ingredients in the dough portion of the recipe in a large mixing bowl and mix and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the water, butter and milk and place in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and stir into flour mixture and mix well. Add the egg in and knead 3-4 minutes by hand until it feels no longer greasy. Let rest for 5 minutes..
- After dough has rested roll out into a 15×9” rectangle and spread butter that’s called for in the filling section evenly over it. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll TIGHTLY. Cut into 9 equal slices and place in a greased 9” square pan..
- Turn off oven and cover rolls with foil. Place in oven to proof (rise) for 20 minutes then remove foil and turn oven back on to 375. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. While they’re baking mix icing ingredients until there’s no lumps and after rolls are done let cool 5 minutes and spoon icing over top..
- Sidenotes: you can make the dough ahead of time and slice it up and put it in freezer bags but skip step 3. When ready to use thaw at least 24 hours and let rest/ride for 4 hours on counter. Toss in the oven and bake as directed no need to proof them in the oven. Holds up to one month in freezer..
- Filling options: you can use 1 tablespoon on cinnamon and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice instead for a fall tasting roll, or spread really any fruit filling inside instead of the cinnamon sugar butter mixture..