Vickys Pink Valentines Day Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pink Valentines Day Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pink Valentines Day Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 2 tbsp of ground flax / linseed.
- It’s 5 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 240 g of / gluten-free flour (2 cups).
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 240 ml of beetroot puree* (1 cup).
- Prepare 240 ml of light coconut milk (1 cup).
- It’s 4 tbsp of applesauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Vickys Pink Valentines Day Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Mix the flax and water together and set aside for 20 minutes until gelatinous.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- In a blender or another bowl, mix together the beetroot puree, coconut milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla and the gelatinous flax.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour, stirring until just combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan to form one pancake, making 3 pancakes at a time.
- When the upside is covered in bubbles, turn the pancakes and cook for a minute on the other side or until cooked through. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve with my chocolate sauce recipe!.
- To puree beetroot, just boil some peeled, fresh beetroot in water until soft, then whizz in a blender or food processor. I buy the pre-packaged cooked beetroot. One 300g pack will give you enough puree.