Skillet Rosemary Chicken. We Bring You Truly Pasture-Raised Chicken. Raised by a hardworking, independent farmer & delivered to your door. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
Pin for later AND follow my Recipes Board for more easy ONE PAN recipes!. I am always on the lookout for easy meals that can be made all in one pan. I usually buy my chicken in pieces rather than by the. You can have Skillet Rosemary Chicken using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Skillet Rosemary Chicken
- Prepare 3/4 lb of red potatoes, halved (or quartered if large).
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, smashed.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (or more).
- You need 2 of lemons, juice of (squeezed halves reserved).
- You need 4 of (6 -8 ounce) skin-on bone-in chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 10 ounces of cremini, baby bell or white mushrooms, halved.
The chicken is cooked on the stove and finished off in the oven, so make sure you use an ovenproof skillet. Josh likes to use his favorite cast iron skillet. The chicken comes out juicy and tender, every time and you will LOVE the simple creamy lemon rosemary sauce. Place a second smaller skillet on top of chicken and weigh it down with soup cans.
Skillet Rosemary Chicken instructions
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside..
- While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 450°F. Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat..
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the skin in crisp, 20 to 25 minutes..
Flip chicken and reduce heat to medium-low. Transfer chicken to a platter; reserve skillet. Flip chicken over and transfer skillet to the oven. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. A savory rosemary and garlic marinade enhances the chicken breasts in this easy skillet recipe from Veronica Snyder of Waterbury, Connecticut. "I like to garnish the chicken with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve it with rice," she says.