Lobster bisque. Order Your Premium Lobster Bisque Today & Save! Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot.
Just be sure to tell them to keep the shells; they are key to this delicious soup! —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor Usually, lobster bisque is made with a stock of lobster shells. Our version is much more streamlined (see: easier and less expensive) and truly just as rich and delicious. Lobster Bisque – a classic creamy and smooth highly seasoned soup made from lobsters and aromatics that is a Valentine's Day favorite entree or served as a first course. You can have Lobster bisque using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lobster bisque
- You need head of Lobster.
- It’s head of Shrimp.
- Prepare of Carrot.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Celery.
- It’s of Cognac.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare stalk of Parsley.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Cream.
- You need 10 g of Butter.
- You need 10 g of Flour.
A dream indulgence of a five-star dining just in time for cozy date night at home! Lobster Bisque recipe made easy with big chunks of garlic butter lobster tails in every bite and a quick homemade stock! Smooth and creamy, our Lobster Bisque is always a crowd pleaser and has never been easier! Using lobster tails guarantees a rich and decadent bisque that cooks in under one hour.
Lobster bisque step by step
- Sauté the lobster and shrimp head on pan.
- Add onion, celery and carrot and continue to sweat.
- Deglaze the pan with some white wine.
- Add cognac and flambé.
- Add water or fish stock into the pan and simmer for 30 min.
- Prepare a blonde roux on another pan. Melt the butter over low heat until the butter smells nutty and turns blonde, mix in flour and continue to stir until all mixed, allow to cool.
- After 30 min of simmering, remove the lobster and shrimp heads from the soup.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender.
- Add the blonde roux into the soup to thicken it, salt and pepper to season. Add cream to thicken and enrich the soup.
Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well. Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves. Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil. Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through. Try new ways of preparing lobster with lobster bisque recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network.