Sautéed Water Spinach & Tofu (Tumis Kangkung & Tahu). Pour off excess water from spinach; add spinach to pan. When spinach begins to release juices, add cornstarch mixture. Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt.
It has long leaves and hollow stems so we name it "空(kōng)心(xīn)菜(cài)", literally translated as hallow heart vegetable. I cook my spinach this way all the time but do not cover it. Heat butter in a large sauté pan or skillet. You can cook Sautéed Water Spinach & Tofu (Tumis Kangkung & Tahu) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed Water Spinach & Tofu (Tumis Kangkung & Tahu)
- It’s of Water spinach (cut into 2 inches long. I usually separated the stems and the leaves).
- It’s of Tofu (cut into small cubes).
- It’s of Sliced thai chili.
- You need of Sliced shallots.
- It’s of Sliced garlic.
- It’s of Sliced tomatoes.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
- It’s of Chicken powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil.
Sauté garlic until aromatic, then add spinach. Continue sauté until the spinach starts to wilt and garlic has released its smell. As soon as the spinach leaves. The Best Sauteed Spinach – fresh spinach sauteed with garlic and onions in olive oil and butter.
Sautéed Water Spinach & Tofu (Tumis Kangkung & Tahu) step by step
- Using the skillet frying the tofu (I don’t used oil) until golden brown. Set aside..
- Now still in the same skillet add little bit oil, then sautéed all the sliced chilies, shallot, garlic, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Sautéed for about 2-3 minutes..
- Then add the water spinach steams. Sautéed and cook it until it cooked but not fully cooked. Splash with some water to avoid burning..
- Add the water spinach leaves, sautéed until slightly withered then season with chicken powder and salt. Keep sautéed for about 2 minutes until withered but still crunchy. Taste it before turn off the heat. Then transfer to serving plate. It’s done, and enjoy!.
This easiest and fastest spinach side dish is healthy and low-carb diet friendly. Sauté the garlic, shallots & chilies until wilted. Add in other seasoning, spices & water. Add in the water spinach, peeled shrimps (fried tofu slices) & tomato; stir until the water spinach & shrimps are cooked. This simple, bold stir-fry uses regular bunch spinach rather than the water spinach common in Thai cooking.