Spicy "Asian" Coconut Seafood & Vegetable Soup. Here's one for the shrimp lovers! We scoured the globe to bring you a dozen of our favorite Asian-inspired shrimp recipes, featuring spicy Szechwan shrimp, Thai-style grilled shrimp, flavorful Indian curries, shrimp fried rice, and more. The Best Bonefish Grill Sauce Recipes on Yummly
In another pot (a steamer), steam the veggies (green beans, zucchini) until soft. Then add the veggies to original pot of combined stock – chicken, coconut, curry paste (aka 'base pot'). An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup MADE FROM SCRATCH with easy to find ingredients!! You can cook Spicy "Asian" Coconut Seafood & Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy "Asian" Coconut Seafood & Vegetable Soup
- Prepare of Yield: Serves 4 people.
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- You need 2 cubes of chicken bullion (can substitute with chicken stock).
- Prepare 1 cup of green beans (cut in pieces).
- Prepare 1 cup of zucchini (cut in pieces).
- Prepare 1 cup of haddock (cut it pieces).
- You need 1 cup of medium/large shrimp (peeled).
- You need 1/2 cup of 'canned' coconut milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of each of minced fresh ginger and garlic (cook in olive oil until bronzed).
- Prepare 4-6 of + tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Prepare of Add seasonings you like: salt pepper, basil, cayenne or crushed red pepper, cilantro.
The coconut milk soup broth is can't-stop-eating-it-delicious, made as spicy or as mild as you want. Loaded with noodles, shrimp/prawns and a variety of toppings, this coconut curry soup lends itself to all sorts of variations. Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Learn how to make a Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque Recipe!
Spicy "Asian" Coconut Seafood & Vegetable Soup instructions
- Fill a pot with 6 cups of water, add the 2 cubes of chicken bullion. High heat. (For all intents let's call this 'the base pot'.).
- Add the coconut milk and thai red curry paste & stir..
- In another pot (a steamer), steam the veggies (green beans, zucchini) until soft. Then add the veggies to original pot of combined stock – chicken, coconut, curry paste (aka 'base pot')..
- In a small fry pan, add minced fresh ginger & garlic to oil, until bronzed. Then add to 'base pot'..
- Lastly, add the defrosted shrimp and haddock (cut in cubes) to the 'base pot'..
- Add all the seasonings you like: salt, pepper, basil, cayenne or crushed red pepper, cilantro. (You could also add cooked rice noodles to make it more filling)..
A quick prawn recipe loaded with BIG flavours! Seared prawns smothered in a spicy, sticky Asian sauce, these Asian Chilli Garlic Prawns will have you smacking your lips in utter satisfaction, feeling like you've just dined at a fancy modern Thai restaurant. Ingredients for Shrimp Dipping Sauce: All you need to make an amazing coconut shrimp sauce is equal parts of sweet chili sauce and apricot preserves or apricot fruit spread. The sweet chili sauce can be found in the Asian food section of the grocery store. Coconut Shrimp Sauce Is there a sauce to serve with the coconut shrimp?