Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie. Best Ever American Shepherd's Pie Recipe. I would not have posted unless I tried it and found it delicious and different from the other sheperd pie recipes on this site. Will be a regular during the chili months in buffalo!
Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. This American shepherds pie is a great way to celebrate St. It is made with hamburger but you could use lamb or mutton. You can have Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 4 large of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (chopped fine).
- It’s 2 cup of Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 large of Carrots (peeled and chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 2 can of Green Beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Beef Broth (possibly bullion instead for a more salty alternative).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Half-and-Half or Milk.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Cumin, Rosemary and Thyme (optional).
This is the way my family likes it. Shepherd's Pie is a recipe your family will enjoy anytime. Shepherds Pie is an old English classic main dish that is welcome at the table anytime of the year. The combination of ground beef, worcestershire sauce, mushrooms covered in a buttery mash potato make it a highly desirable dish.
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Start the mashed potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes (1/2 inch or quartered). Place in pan and cover with cold water (1/2 in over potatoes). Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. [start step 3 then return to potatoes] ((Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 15-20 mins.)).
- In a large sauté pan with oil, sauté onions and carrots, then garlic. Add ground beef and cook through until brown..
- Continue filling: Sprinkle meat with flour and toss to coat. Add salt/pepper and cumin (optional), add Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and Rosemary/ Thyme (optional). Brind to boil, cover and simmer low and covered until sauce is thick (10-15 mins)..
- Mash Potatoes: Add half-and-half or milk, butter, and salt/pepper to drained potatoes. Mash until smooth..
- Continue filling: Add corn and green beans (peas optional) for just a few mins to heat..
- Combine in lightly greased 3 qt casserole dish: Beef filling on bottom. Sprinkle layer of cheese on top. Top with mashed potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes seal the beef filling in so it doesn't boil and create a mess.) Use a fork to make rivets on the top of the mashed potatoes. Add small amount of paprika on top..
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven at 400°F. Let cool (about 15 mins)..
Before you ask, there is a difference between "Cottage Pie" and "Shepherd's Pie", and it's the meat that is used. Because there are NEVER ENOUGH MASHED POTATOES. The best Shepherd's Pie, done right my friends. Have you ever taught a kid to roller skate before? Originally, Shepherd's Pie was made with ground lamb, but the Americanized version usually swaps the lamb for ground beef (although if you really want, can use lamb instead!).