Clam Chowder. Check Out Clam Chowder Soup On eBay. Order Your Premium Clam Chowder Today & Save! Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and carrots.
New England clam chowder normally contains clams, potatoes, onions, salted pork and milk or cream. The addition of dairy is considered the biggest difference from other chowders. For a bowl of creamy comfort, try Dave Lieberman's New England Clam Chowder recipe from Food Network, perfect with homemade baguette croutons. You can have Clam Chowder using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clam Chowder
- Prepare 4 cans of minced clams.
- It’s 6 strips of bacon.
- You need 1.5 C of minced onions.
- You need 1 C of diced celery.
- It’s 1 C of diced carrots.
- Prepare 3 of medium diced red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Knorr concentrated chicken stock.
- Prepare 1.5 C of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 C of heavy cream.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/3 C of flour.
Clam chowder is easier to make than you think – and the homemade version is unbelievably creamy, flavorful and chockfull of clams! Soup season has come and gone, but a bowl of clam chowder can really be eaten in any kind of weather, especially when it comes to the homemade version. Clam chowder is any of several chowder soups containing clams and broth. In addition to clams, common ingredients include diced potatoes, onions, and celery.
Clam Chowder instructions
- Drain clam juice into a separate container and set both juice and meat aside..
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat in a 6 qt dutch oven. Once bacon begins to get slightly crispy, add onion..
- Saute onion for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add celery, carrots, and 1 small container of Knorr concentrated chicken stock. Mix well and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add flour and saute for another 5 minutes while stirring constantly to avoid clumps..
- Stir in liquid chicken stock, clam juice from cans, potatoes, pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Remove bay leaves and stir in heavy cream. Bring to boil, then lower heat. Simmer on low for 15 minutes..
- Stir in minced clam..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Other vegetables are not typically used, but small carrot strips or a garnish of parsley might occasionally be added primarily for color. A garnish of bay leaves adds both color and flavor. It is believed that clams were used in chowder. Rinse the clams several times under cold running water. Quick Manhattan Clam Chowder "This was exactly what I was looking for.