You can cook Beef Caldereta using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Caldereta
- Prepare 1/2 of bulb of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of big or 1 small onion minced (red or white).
- It’s 2 of carrots small to medium size cubed.
- You need 1 of medium size potato cubed.
- Prepare 2 of small bell peppers cubed (green or red).
- It’s 4 of red small hot chilli peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef cubes.
- It’s 2 pcs of beef broth cubes.
- Prepare 1 can of liver spread.
- It’s 1 of big pack tomato sauce (Filipino Style or Italian Style).
- It’s 1 of small pack tomato paste.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
Beef Caldereta step by step
- Tenderize the beef in water with beef cubes using pressure cooker for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs until meat is fork-tender..
- Remove and discard the fatty liquid from beef broth. Separate the beef cubes from the broth. Do not discard the remaining beef broth..
- In a different pan, sauté the bell peppers in butter or vegetable oil until aromat and then set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté carrots in butter or vegetable oil until it turns into a vibrant orange and achieves softer bite. Set aside..
- In the same pan, fry potato cubes in butter and add salt. Once it softens a bit, set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté the onions until aromat. Add the garlic and sauté until aromat. Fry the beef cubes until brown..
- Place the tomato sauce and tomato paste in the mixture. Add in about a cup or so of the beef broth from earlier to add more sauce to the dish..
- Put in one can of liver spread and mix well..
- Add in the bell peppers, carrots and potatoes in the mixture..
- Finally, mix the chopped red hot chilli peppers to the dish and wait until the mixture boils..
- Taste before serving. Some people add white or brown sugar to taste for sweet tooths. Serve..