Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder. Thick and Hearty Seafood Chowder is full of savory flavor! Seasoned fish, tender potatoes and a creamy broth make this the best seafood chowder ever! This delectable Seafood Chowder is hands down my favorite chowder recipe, and that includes seafood chowders I have had in some top seaside restaurants!
This Healthy Seafood Chowder is seriously the best! Packed with tender shrimp and fish that are combined in a creamy clam broth with veggies. This tasty chowder recipe is a comfort food that can be easily enjoyed at home any day of the week! You can cook Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- It’s 500 g of skinned and boned white fish, such as basa, cod or flake.
- You need 1 of x boned salmon tail.
- Prepare 500 g of shelled and deveined small prawns/shrips.
- It’s 4 of large potatos (roughly chopped).
- It’s 4 of celery stalks (roughly chopped into 4-5 cm pieces).
- You need 1 of large onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves (diced).
- It’s 1 L of fish stock.
- Prepare 250 ml of thickened cream.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 3 strands of saffron (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of plain flour (to thicken).
- Prepare of Crusty bread (to serve).
Seafood stock or fish stock: If you can't find any, it's OK to use chicken broth. You can use heavy cream instead. The tomato brand you use makes a difference. I use Pomi chopped tomatoes in this fish chowder recipe.
Delicious Fish and Seafood Chowder instructions
- One of the greatest things about his recipe is the different textures of the fish. To begin, heat your oil on a pan over a medium heat. Salt you salmon (on the non skin side) and place it face down on the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes then flip. Cook on the skin side for 5 minutets. Remove from heat, discard the skin and set aside. Pre-cooking the salmon will ensure that it doesn't splinter in the Chowder..
- In a large pot heat the butter using a low heat. When hot, add onion and garlic. Cook on a low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrent. Add potato and celery. Cook on a low heat for 15 minutes, or until potato slightly softens..
- Add your fish stock, then bring to the boil. While the water is boiling, prepare your whitefish by chopping it into large-ish (5cm chunks). When the water is boiled, throw in your white fish, prawns, rosemary and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Place lid on pot and turn down to a low heat. Leave to cook for 30 minites..
- Try the liquid mixture. Adjust for seasoning (depending on what fish-stock you are using, you might need to add salt). Chop your already fried salmon into similar sized chunks as the whitefish. Place in the pot..
- Stir through the cream, turn up to medium heat. If you are using a little saffron, add it now. It won't bring much flavour, but it will add a lovely colour to your Chowder..
- When the cream has heated (approx 3mins) add in your flour 1 spoon at a time, making sure it stirred through. You might need to add additional flour depending on consistency. Add extra flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached..
- Enjoy with some crusty bread..
They are imported from Italy, and they are noticeably sweeter, thicker, and less acidic than. Tender shrimp, fish and scallops are combined in a creamy white wine broth with veggies. This flavor packed chowder recipe is a comfort food that can be easily enjoyed at home any day of the week! Fish Chowder is such a great easy fish recipe that's can't-stop-eating-it good! A thick and hearty creamy white fish soup, I adore this combination of tender potatoes, carrots, sweet corn and peas with big flakes of fish.