Clean Eating Whole Grain Pancakes. I perfected these whole wheat pancakes after testing batches and batches until they were just right. Everything a whole wheat pancake should be – fluffy, low-fat, and tasty! Another pancake recipe I make again and again are these chocolate chip banana pancakes, so good!
As with most things health related, "healthy" is a subjective term. So I came up with these yummy Clean-Eating Whole Grain Pancakes! The combination of whole wheat flour and oatmeal means these pancakes are high fibre and will help keep you full. You can cook Clean Eating Whole Grain Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Clean Eating Whole Grain Pancakes
- You need 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of Rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of Wheat germ.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of Honey.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 of Chocolate chips.
Apple sauce replaces both sugar and oil, and coconut water adds in bonus nutrients. Plus, I add in some yoghurt for calcium and to help make the pancakes fluffy. I process my oats into a flour, but you can use whole oat flakes as well. Add the rest and stir to form batter.
Clean Eating Whole Grain Pancakes step by step
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in large bowl. Mix well..
- Pour batter onto griddle..
Cook in hot pan with cooking spray. If you want to experiment with different types of whole grains. These brownie waffles are almost like having dessert for breakfast. I swear I had brownies for breakfast! These clean eating brownie waffles taste just like the real thing!