Jeera rice. Ghee or Butter, whole spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves), jeera (or cumin seeds), green chillies, basmati rice and freshly chopped coriander. Thats all of six ingredients which you probably have in your pantry, so making this is actually easier than you thought! Rice to Water Ratio for steamed Jeera Rice.
Use your imagination if you 'd like to add other tastes to this already tasty dish. Grated carrots, raisins, ginger or cinnamon would be nice. Super simple & quick recipes to make fluffy, non-sticky & flavorful jeera rice every time. You can cook Jeera rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera rice
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need of Cardamom crushed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera).
- You need of Pepper crushed.
- Prepare 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
Jeera rice is a flavored Indian rice dish made by cooking basmati rice with ghee, cumin & other fragrant spices. Making jeera rice is one of the simplest & only needs a handful of ingredients that are mostly. Jeera rice is also one of the most popular Indian rice-based dish served in restaurants. many people prefer to have jeera rice instead of plain basmati rice to go along with dals or curry dishes. The tempering with cumin and fragrant whole spices takes the simple rice dish a level notch up.
Jeera rice step by step
- In a pan take a tsp of oil + cardamom seeds + cinnamon stick + bay leaf + cumin seeds and sauté until it turns aromatic. Meanwhile soak basmati rice in water for 15-30 minutes.
- Now add onion + ginger garlic paste and sauté well. Now add pepper + green chilli..
- Add basmati rice and sauté smoothly. Now add water(1.5 cup). Add salt + a tsp ghee+ bit jaggery. Add coriander leaves as well..
- Let it boil for 20 minutes until water is evaporated. Now add cashews and raisins roasted to it and serve it with gravy..
Jeera Rice is the perfect accompaniment to any Indian meal. Jeera rice or Zeera rice is an Indian and Pakistani dish consisting of rice and cumin seeds. It is a popular dish in North India and Pakistan as an everyday rice dish. It is easy to prepare, unlike biryani. "Zeera" is the Hindustani word for cumin seeds, often pronounced Jeera. The ingredients used are rice, cumin seeds, vegetable oil, onions and coriander leaves.