Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style. Combine lentils and water, bring to a boil. Combine in pan lentils, salt, curry powder, undrained chopped tomatoes, onion and water. Cover, and bring to a boil.
Dhal Curry – a very mild and nutritious curry made up mainly of lentils, tomatoes, chilies, and spices. Beetroot Dal – healthy Indian style beets and lentils curry – goes well with flat. This basic Indian tomato curry can be served on its own or with any of your favorite vegetables or meat added to it. You can have Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style
- You need 1/2 can of lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- You need 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- It’s 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Favorite Indian Lentils and Spinach (Dal Palak)Yummly. The good news is that Indian Tomato Curry Sauce is simple to make ahead over the weekend and turn into versatile weekday meals later. Quick Punjabi Dal Fry Punjabi Dal is a thick, wholesome version of the ever-popular lentil curry that bursts with flavor.
Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style step by step
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
Tomato Dal Recipe, Indian style lentils. There are probably as many versions of Tomato Dal or Dahl as there are Indian cooks. My version is as easy and quick as this popular and nourishing Indian dish can get, but it's also utterly delicious. Basic Indian Curry Sauce made with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic & spices. This versatile sauce is the base for many Indian This is the base for many Indian dishes such as lentils and curries.