Stir fry of lime beef, broccoli and mushrooms. This popular menu classic is even better when made at home. In a shallow bowl, mix together the veg oil, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and garlic powder. Cut the broccoli crowns and stems into bite-sized pieces.
Add wine or broth to the pan; stir to loosen browned bits. Add broccoli and mushrooms; stir-fry over high heat until broccoli is tender. This is a meal that you can customize to include your favorite vegetables, and you have the option to make it as spicy as you desire. You can have Stir fry of lime beef, broccoli and mushrooms using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir fry of lime beef, broccoli and mushrooms
- Prepare 3 tbsp of veg oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 350 g of flank steak, cut into thin strips.
- You need 2 heads of broccoli, crowns cut and stems peeled.
- You need 12 of large button mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, thickly sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
Beef and Broccoli is a classic combination. Throw in some mushrooms and you've got everything for the perfect Asian style stir fry. What I love about Asian food is how flavourful it is, the umami it has which really hits all the check marks for a good dish. So sit back and enjoy the video.
Stir fry of lime beef, broccoli and mushrooms instructions
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the veg oil, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and garlic powder. Add the beef and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Cut the broccoli crowns and stems into bite-sized pieces. Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on high heat and sear the broccoli stems for 2 minutes until they get a little colour..
- Add the broccoli crowns to the pan and continue searing 2 minutes. Push down lightly on the veg so they make as much contact with the hot pan as possible. They should almost look scorched..
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry 2 to 3 minutes until the mushrooms soften and release some of their water. Add the onion and garlic and continue another minute. Remove the veg to a plate..
- Add the meat to the pan and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked. Return the veg to the pan and fry for 1 more minute before serving..
Adding couscous, broccoli and mushrooms turned it into an easy meal that was delicious. Best if all, it's ready in a flash. This dish is one my my family's favorite one pot meals. Even the couscous is cooked in the same pan, making clean up a breeze. Broccoli is one of the favorite veggies in our house.